Why Join Riegel Federal Credit Union?
Credit Unions vary from traditional commercial banks in that Credit Unions are not-for-profit financial institutions created to serve the needs of its members. There are many important and notable differences in our products, services and philosophy.
- We offer a high level of personal service and a lack of red tape that is hard to match. At our Credit Union, the member's needs are our top priority, as well as, maintaining the fiscal integrity of the Credit Union. We continually review our member's needs and evaluate our products and services to ensure we continue to meet those needs.
- We are dedicated to serving our members and will always go the extra mile to serve them. Riegel Federal Credit Union still remains strongly committed to the Credit Union philosophy which, in turn, shines through in all of the products and services that we offer. This is something that is very rare in the banking industry.
- You will find that our fees are minimal in comparison to that of our competition.
- We offer our members many conveniences and choices such as free checking, free internet banking, bill payment service, VISA check cards (aka debit cards), No fee ATM transactions at Riegel ATM's, direct deposit, payroll deductions, VISA TravelMoney & Gift Cards, business accounts and 24-hour automated telephone banking to name a few. For a complete list see our Member Services section.
"The field of membership shall be limited to those having the following common bond:
- Persons who live, work, worship, or go to school in, and businesses and other legal entities in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, or Springfield Township, Riegelsville Borough, Durham Township, Haycock Township, Nockamixon Township, Bridgeton Township, Bedminster Township, Tinicum Township, Plumstead Township, Buckingham Township, Solebury Township, or Wrightstown Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania;
Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union; employees of this credit union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of their immediate families or household; and organizations of such persons."
How To Join
In order to join the credit union, you need to come into one of our three (3) branches and provide proof of id – which can be your drivers license, passport, student id, birth certificate or state issued identification card. You must also provide proof of address if your id does not match your current address. The minimum deposit into the savings account is $100.00 plus a $1.00 membership fee per member. Once you open a savings account, you are eligible for all the other services that we offer.