Is your information up-to-date?
The best way to guarantee accurate communication between you and Riegel FCU is to make sure your mailing address, email address and phone number on file is valid, so you can:
- Receive important documents and information sent to your home address
- Receive confirmation emails for Riegel Internet Banking (RIB)
- Get notified of important RFCU updates and changes
- Save time by getting priority information sent to you correctly the first time
Please call us at 1-800-635-6829 to let us know when you have moved or changed your phone number. When you have moved, we need you to complete a change of address card for our records.
For online banking, you can log into RIB and in the upper right hand corner, select "My Settings". There, you can update your profile information for RIB which will ensure you receive proper communications via email and/or text message.
Why do over 231 million people worldwide choose credit unions? Because credit unions have a “people-first” philosophy that impels them to constantly improve the communities and lives of their members. As cooperative and democratic financial institutions, credit unions’ success depends on the success of their members and their community. Your best interest is in our best interest. This October 19, Riegel Federal Credit Union will join more than 68,000 credit unions from 109 countries and their 231 million members to celebrate International Credit Union Day®.
Credit unions strive to make the world a better place for their members by offering affordable rates and high quality service that simplify their lives and empower them to meet their financial goals.
Join us in celebrating International Credit Union Day on Thursday, October 19, 2017. Visit one of our branch locations in Milford, Flemington, or Clinton for courtesy coffee and donuts. While there, you can enter to win a $100 VISA Gift Card!
There has never been a better time to be a member of Riegel Federal Credit Union. Since 1960, Riegel FCU has been serving its membership by providing them the best product to suit their needs, at the best price possible. Even through challenging economic times, Riegel FCU has stood strong and maintained its commitment to its members. The Credit Union strives to offer a better financial option to Hunterdon County by celebrating the Credit Union philosophy of people helping people.
Please help us spread the word about YOUR Credit Union by telling all your co-workers, friends, and family about the benefits of Membership. Let them know that if they live, work, worship, or go to school in Hunterdon County, they too are eligible to join and benefit from all of our services. At Riegel Federal Credit Union, our mission is “To help every member improve their financial well-being with quality service, while maintaining our fiscal integrity." Please help us share our benefits and service to others in our community.
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Did you know the Credit Union has the ability to obtain foreign currency for our members? If you are looking to purchase foreign currency, simply stop by any of our branch locations and a Member Service Representative will be happy to assist you.
On Monday, May 8th, 2017, Riegel Federal Credit Union held its 13th Annual Golf Outing at the prestigious Oak Hill Golf Course located in Milford, NJ. It was a beautiful day out on the course with the Credit Union raising over $12,000 for the beneficiaries of this year's event, which included The Whitehouse Rescue and First Aid Squad, Anderson House, and the Sergeantsville Volunteer Fire Company. We again would like to thank all of those who participated in this year’s event!
Did you know that you could save time by ordering your Credit Union checks directly from Deluxe online? Simply click here to go to the Deluxe website and place your order.
Updating your email address in RIB
Updating your email online ensures that you receive timely and important notices from RIB (Riegel Internet Banking). After you log into RIB and get to your account screen, there is a green tab in the upper right hand corner that says "My Settings". Simply click on that link to get to the page with your various settings listed. One of the options is "Primary Email" which lists what your current email address on file is. If this is not your correct email address, please click on "Update" and enter your correct email address so that you receive important emails pertaining to your account as well as any alerts and/or notifications you may have set up.
The VISA TravelMoney card is prepaid, meaning you can spend up to the card value anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, including stores, online, over the phone, and via mail. You can also get cash at Visa/PLUS ATMs worldwide. Each time you make a purchase, the purchase amount is automatically deducted from the card.
- Safer than cash
- Not tied to your savings or checking account
- Manage and reload online
The VISA TravelMoney Card is available to purchase from any of our Branch locations.
- You can view and download copies of your checks using RIB (Riegel Internet Banking). Simply log into your RIB account and view your history. All checks that have cleared within the last 90 days are listed and simply click on the check number and the image will appear in a new window. You can view and/or print a copy of your check as needed.
- Please update your email addresses and add RIB1@riegelfcu.org to any email SPAM filter services you may have on your PC or with your Internet Service Provider. If your current email address is not listed in RIB, any notices, account alerts, and notifications will get bounced and you may miss important information that you requested. You can update your email address by logging into RIB and clicking on User Options.
We've upgraded the Bill Pay features on our mobile application to include the ability to add a Payee. Prior to this upgrade, you could only pay existing Payees using the Mobile Bill Pay service in our application. Mobile Bill Pay is as safe and secure as our web based Bill Pay as it uses the same robust security features. If you haven't done so already, please check out what our mobile applications have to offer.
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Take Advantage of RFCU Members Access to CO-OP No Fee ATM Locations
Don't spend your money to get your money:
There are no fees* for members who use their Riegel Federal Credit Union Visa® Check Card at CO-OP Network ATMs.
Locate a CO-OP Network ATM near you.
Use your cell phone to text MYCOOP*
- Text your location—address, intersection, zip code or city/state to 692667 (MYCOOP)
- You'll receive the location of the nearest CO-OP Network surcharge-free ATM
- Text "more" for additional locations
*Riegel Federal Credit Union offers this service free of charge. Your mobile carrier will apply standard text messaging rates.
Advance Fee Schemes & Check Scams
An advance fee scheme, or a check scam, occurs when the victim pays money to someone in anticipation of receiving something of greater value—such as a loan, contract, investment, or gift—and then receives little or nothing in return.
The variety of advance fee schemes is limited only by the imagination of the con artists who offer them. They may involve the sale of products or services, the offering of investments, lottery winnings, “found money,” or many other “opportunities.” Clever con artists will offer to find financing arrangements for their clients who pay a “finder’s fee” in advance. They require their clients to sign contracts in which they agree to pay the fee when they are introduced to the financing source. Victims often learn that they are ineligible for financing only after they have paid the “finder” according to the contract. Such agreements may be legal unless it can be shown that the “finder” never had the intention or the ability to provide financing for the victims.
Tips for Avoiding Advanced Fee Schemes:
If the offer of an “opportunity” appears too good to be true, it probably is. Follow common business practice. For example, legitimate business is rarely conducted in cash through the mail.
- Know who you are dealing with. If you have not heard of a person or company that you intend to do business with, learn more about them. Depending on the amount of money that you plan on spending, you may want to visit the business location, check with the Better Business Bureau, or consult with your bank, an attorney, or the police.
- NEVER cash a check and send money back to the sender. Whether it's a partial amount of the sum, or all of it with a promise to send a larger amount later. If you send the cash and the check is returned due to it being fraudulent, you can be held responsible to repay all the funds to your financial institution.
- Make sure you fully understand any business agreement that you enter into. If the terms are complex, have them reviewed by a competent attorney.
- Be wary of businesses that operate out of post office boxes or mail drops and do not have a street address. Also be suspicious when dealing with persons who do not have a direct telephone line and who are never in when you call, but always return your call later.
- Be wary of business deals that require you to sign nondisclosure or non-circumvention agreements that are designed to prevent you from independently verifying the bona fides of the people with whom you intend to do business. Con artists often use non-circumvention agreements to threaten their victims with civil suit if they report their losses to law enforcement.
Riegel Federal Credit Union President Jay Zielinski presented Anderson House, a halfway house for women, with the proceeds from their golf outing totaling $4,500 at their donor and volunteer appreciation event on June 28, 2016. Riegel Federal Credit Union's 12th annual golf outing was held on May 9, 2016 and raised over $9,500 for the selected charities this year.
"Riegel Federal Credit Union prides itself in giving back to the Hunterdon Communities in which it serves. Since 1960 Riegel FCU has always been truly a community federal chartered credit union. Not only are we here to serve our members and improve their financial well-being, but to give back to those that also serve and provide services to the community such as Anderson House," said Zielinski, "It was without any doubt an honor and a pleasure to be invited to visit Anderson House. It was a truly a humbling experience."
Pictured, Diana Ruggieri, Anderson House Development Associate and Helen McIntosh, Anderson House Clinical Director receive a donation from Riegel Federal Credit Union President, Jay Zielinski.